The Payne Road State School Music Program is an integral part of the Education QLD Arts Syllabus. As parents we assist in the promotion and support of the music program to ensure that curriculum objectives are achieved. Our role is to provide resources to enhance and enrich the quality, delivery and enjoyment of the music program.
To do this, we as parents support the teachers, communicate to parents and students, and help organise concerts, fundraise etc.
PRSS offers many musical opportunities for students and their families to enjoy. We have several concerts a year, and the children also have opportunities to perform outside the school.
General (Curriculum) music lessons are offered to all students from Prep to Year 6.
2017 Music Events Timetable
To see our yearly Music Supporters Group timetable of concerts, camps, performances and competitions check out the MusicSupporters – Music Events 2017
Specialist music lessons are as follows:
- Year 2 and Year 3 – Junior Choir
- Year 4, 5, 6 – Senior Choir
- Year 3 – Strings commence
- Year 4 – Band / percussion commence
- Year 6 – Choral Group commence
Specialist music lessons times are as follows:
- Senior Choir – 8.00am Tuesdays
- Junior Choir – 8.15am Wednesdays.
- String ensemble – 7.30am Wednesdays
- String classes are throughout Wednesday – and vary per class
- Band ensemble – 7.40am Wednesdays
- Band classes are Wednesday mornings only – actual times vary each class
All parents are welcome to be a part of the Music Supporters Group – whether you are musically talented or not!