The Payne Road State School P&C Association is a very pro-active association and reflects the great community spirit of our school.
Fundraising and events are organised throughout the year to raise funds for the school. We have organised and run many successful events which are a lot of fun to co-ordinate, get involved with, and attend.
2016 has us making our smaller fundraisers bigger and better giving us time to work on a major fundraiser in 2017. 2016 so far, has had our best earnings from our Election, Mother’s Day and Disco fundraisers with Tuckshop, Meal Deals, Treat Times and the Uniform Shop all making great returns.
Key P&C events include the following:
- Family Fun Days
- School Discos
- Trivia Nights
- High Tea Functions
- Art Show Dinners
- Circus Carnivals
- Holly in the Hall and Music Concerts
- Mother’s and Father’s Day Stalls
- Community Events
- Morning Teas
- Working Bee’s
- Our school is also one of the biggest polling booth locations with a popular cake stall, sausage sizzle and a large raffle to win on the day.
We are also extremely proud of the numerous achievements and projects the P&C have raised money for around our school.
Some of the major projects include:
- Air-conditioning for all class rooms
- Class Swimming lessons
- Hearing tests for all grades ($3600)
- Amphitheater Sound System ($2k)
- Admin Gardens and Front Office Renovations ($6k)
- Technology upgrades (computers and Ipads) ($70k)
- High speed internet connection & wifi ($20k)
- STEAM week Program ($3K)
- Our Chaplaincy Program
- Native Bees and Bee Garden
- The Environment Club & Gardens ($22k)
- Electronic whiteboards
- Reading program resources
- P&C shed
- Drive way connecting the Hall for vehicle access
- Additional ceiling fans, ceiling panels and painting of the old hall
- Artificial grass area adjacent to the OSHC
- Hall maintenance
- School playgrounds including OSHC ($55k)
- Building of the junior school toilets
- Open classroom learning ($10k)
- Water Tanks around our school
- School Oval Lighting
- Extended Roofing over the Prep area and sandpit curved roof
- Murals throughout the school and the artist-in-residence program
- Ongoing maintenance of tuckshop and music instruments
- Keeping our P&C staff up-to-date with training courses and conferences
If you would like to get involved and be a part of the Fundraising and Events team please let us know. This role also includes design/marketing and communications for these events – so please put your hand up if you can help us.