The Payne Road State School “Kids Kitchen” Tuckshop is a multi-award-winning tuckshop that serves fresh, home made, and nutritious food to the school community 2 days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
The kitchen is managed by our resident convener, Kirsty Ennis with a focus on providing home-made healthy meals that kids love.
Some items on offer this term include homemade Pizzas on freshly made dough, Sushi made in house and home made baked Spring Rolls with sweet carrot dipping sauce.
- Morning Tea – home made warm cinnamon scroll with fresh fruit smoothie
- Lunch – Freshly Made BLT and Quelch ice block
2018 Tuckshop First Day and Last Day Dates:
- Term 1 – First Day: 23 January ~ Last Day: 29 March
- Term 2 – First Day: 17 April ~ Last Day: 28 June
- Term 3 – First Day: 17 July ~ Last Day: 20 September
- Term 4 – First Day: 9 October ~ Last Day: 13 December
We have a full rundown about the Tuckshop in our Welcome Pack 2018 and checkout our yummie Menu Term 1 2018
If you don’t want the hassle of finding small change and ordering via a paper bag, take the easier option and order Tuckshop online: www.flexischools.com.au.
- “Meal Deals” are a special set menu offered at a set price, e.g. Morning Tea – “Hot Cinnamon Scroll and Milk”; Lunch – “Chicken Noodle Box and Fruit Punch Ice Block”.
- Meal Deals are available on nominated days once a term.
- The Meal Deal order form and instruction on how to order will be sent home with your child the week prior to the Meal Deal. Ensure your order is returned by the specified date.
- “Treat Time” is a school directed and P&C supported event to encourage casual social engagement within our school community.
- Treat times are held on a nominated afternoon from approximately 2.50pm until 3.30pm – for sale of ice blocks and other tuckshop treats.
- Treat Time is held once a term and dates will be advertised throughout the year.
Our Tuckshop has won many awards over the years that we are all proud of. A list of our awards is below:
- Queensland’s Tuckshop of the Year 2010
- Top 10 Tuckshops Qld 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015
- School Partnerships Award Qld 2011
- Tuckshop Volunteer of the Year 2011
- Special Commendation Qld 2011
- Tuckshop Volunteer of the Year Qld 2012
- Victory with Volunteers Award Qld 2012, 2014 & 2015
The tuckshop really is the heart and soul of our school’s parent community and would not be possible without our amazing volunteers. We have more than 40 parents and grandparents who give up their time to volunteer in the tuckshop or to home bake. It is a credit to our wonderful school community. We are so lucky to have this amazing support.