By law, membership of the P&C Association must be renewed each year. Ideally this should be done at each AGM so that the member has a full year’s membership. Applications can be taken at any time during the year but all memberships lapse at the AGM. If you are not a parent or guardian of a PRSS student, you must have a blue card to join.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR P&C ASSOCIATION
This Code of Conduct clarifies the expected standards of all P&C Association members. It has been adopted to aid all members of our school community to work as a cohesive group in partnership with the school.
The Code is intended to promote and maintain the highest standard of ethical behaviour by P&C Association members. Members of a P&C Association should adhere to the Code of Conduct at all times. This Code applies to each member of a P&C Association.
P&C ASSOCIATION MEMBERS ARE TO:
- act in the best interest of the total school community at all times
- conduct and present themselves in a professional manner and act ethically and with integrity at all times
- act with courtesy and demonstrate respect for all persons, whether fellow P&C Association members, school staff, parents/carers, students, community members
- remain objective and avoid personal bias at all times
- represent all members of the school community
- engage the school and wider community in developing and effecting school priorities, policies and decisions in a manner that is consultative, respectful and fair
- declare any conflicts of interest and not misuse their office to advance individual views or for personal gain
- make fair, transparent and consistent decisions
- provide objective and independent advice
- listen and be tolerant of the views and opinions of others, even if those views and opinions differ from their own
- treat official information with care and use it only for the purpose for which it was collected or authorised
- respect confidentiality and information privacy (about the school, community members, staff or students) at all times and not disclose confidential information not use confidential or privileged information to further personal interests
- be responsive to the requirements of the school community
- seek to achieve excellence in educational outcomes for all students at the school
- listen and respond to issues and concerns regarding strategy and policy
- work within the boundaries of the Education (General Provisions) Act 2006, the Education (General Provisions) Regulation 2006 and the Department of Education and Training’s policies and procedures relevant to P&C Association operations.